Once you’ve completed your 90 hours of pre-license education, passed your state exam and submitted your license application, you’ll be closer than ever to working with clients. It’s an exciting yet challenging and anxious time. As a new real estate agent in South Carolina, the sky’s the limit, and there are numerous things you can do to build a profitable business. One of your priorities will no doubt be to generate leads.
Not every lead you generate will turn into a closing, so the more leads you get, the better. Once you have your license in-hand to start selling homes, you’ll be perpetually “on the lookout” for clients. As time passes and you gain experience in the industry, as well as a list of (hopefully) satisfied customers, your list of leads will continue to grow, but you’ve got to start somewhere, right? So, here are several great ways to generate real estate leads, particularly if you’re a new agent in the field...
Take these steps to find new clients in real estate
One of the perks of owning your own real estate business is that you can customize and personalize your company to be unique and stand out from your competitors. Something all agents have in common, however, is a need to generate leads, which you can do more easily if you keep the ideas included in the following list in mind:
- Ask friends and family members to help spread the word by handing out your business card to people they know or meet who want to sell or buy a home.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities at community events, such as a church picnic, your child’s baseball or soccer game, etc.
- When you have a successful closing, give the client a few of your cards and ask for referrals by inviting him or her to share your contact info with others.
- Be active on social media, both on your own platforms and other pages, and make sure you include your business contact info in your social media profiles.
- Use #realestate hashtags in your posts to increase visibility for your business.
- Offer free presentations on current real estate trends in your area at your local library, community center or other locations.
- Host an open house in order to interact with people in your selling region.
- Send out postcards to introduce yourself and offer your services to people in your community.
- Answer questions on sites like Quora to establish yourself as a go-to resource for real estate issues.
Even doing one of these things can help generate leads. If you do several of these things on a regular basis, you’re bound to gain leads and a few new clients to boot!
Make the most of all the tools available to you
There are many things you can do in person throughout your community, as well as online or via the postal mail, to raise awareness about your real estate business and to gain potential clients. Always be thinking ahead and using innovative and creative means to grow your business.